I've always wanted to take something old and make it into something beautiful, but had never actually done that until now. Bill has been cleaning out his attic and came across an old desk that I knew I wanted for Gracie's room. Here's the before:
It had a mirror that went with it, but I chose to not keep that part. I envision Gracie using this for years as her homework desk and there really isn't a need for a mirror for that. I did a little sanding (should have done more, but this was my first project so I didn't know) and a little painting (and had great helpers). I actually used paint we already had, so this was a cheap project. I thought I would buy new hardware, but quickly decided against that and just used some spray paint to freshen up the existing stuff. Here's the finished product in her room:I still need to look for a chair. Right now Gracie just moves the chair from the office into her room when she's ready to work. I also have a mirror from her nursery that I have plans for using above the desk, but that project hasn't been started. Gracie loves the desk and that makes my heart happy.


1 comment:
So crafty you are! It is so cute!! Nice work.
Post a Comment