Saturday, April 07, 2012

Sewing

I love Pinterest. I've never pinned something that was original, I just re-pin what someone else has already pinned. I saw this dress a week or so ago and decided I needed to make it.  Click here for the tutorial from the original blog. I already had the fabric I just needed a tank top. I'm not real big on taking pictures by myself, so my little assistant hopped right on in with me...not real sure what that face is about, but it sure made me laugh. 

It has a cute little belt that ties in the back. I made the dress Thursday and then wore it to work on Friday with a cute red jacket. I don't think I'm very stylish, but I think this dress is perfect.

I had this fabric also (clearance at Hobby Lobby) and decided to make another dress out of it. I made the dress today with a tank top I already had that I didn't wear anymore because it was too short. Perfect for this pattern because you chop the bottom of the shirt off. I did mess up on the belt so it's not as wide as I would like, but it still works. I have a great khaki jacket that I think I'll wear with it tomorrow. 

I'm on the hunt for more dress patterns and cheap fabric!


1 comment:

Tawnya said...

Sarah!! I'm so impressed!! They look beautiful and very stylish. And store bought! Way to go!