Wednesday, January 05, 2011

One Change

One new thing in our life since May 2009 is that I am working part time. I am a teacher's aide at Mountain Tots Preschool (this is at the church, MountainTop Community, where I spent most of my youth and my Mom still attends). I started out the year working three days a week. We went to Bible Study Fellowship on Tuesdays and had Thursday to just hang out and catch up. For a number of reasons we decided to switch to five days a week and that has seemed to work well for everyone. Gracie went to school there last year and we had a wonderful experience. Gracie had the best teachers and made our first experience with preschool an outstanding one! At the end of the school year I inquired about a position and they were able to use me as an aide in one of the four year old classes, which also happened to be Gracie's new class. I had mixed feelings about having that role with her (and still do sometimes), but for the most part it is a great situation for both of us. I love seeing what she is doing and being a part of her learning outside of the home. According to the lead teacher Gracie "shares" me really well. Gracie is a big helper and loves to learn. I've enjoyed seeing her grow and learn and look forward to the remainder of the year with her. James is also there with us on the other end of the hall with the younger kids in the Mother's Day Out program. James loves going to "school" and gets excited about getting ready in the morning. He is still taking one good nap during the day and thankfully takes it as soon as we get home from school.

Ok, so here's the story with the pictures. Tuesday was our first day back from Christmas break. We spent a lot of lazy days in pajamas during break and loved every minute of it. On Monday we all stayed in pajamas for most of the day and really enjoyed our last lazy day at home for a while (Gracie did change into her new ballet clothes that she got for Christmas). Gracie and James have really started playing together more and Gracie tolerates James in her room much more than she used to. Here's a little glimpse of our Monday.

A little rest and reading time =)




We went to Disney World in September with Jason's family (surely I'll post on that later). One thing I bought there were these popsicle molds. We hadn't used them yet and Monday seemed like the perfect day to try them out. We made orange and cranberry juice popsicles and the kids LOVED them.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like your job is a good fit for you all. I also really enjoy having some days where we have nowhere to be. Nice to just enjoy being together.

Tawnya said...

So cute! I love the popsicle molds!