Saturday, January 01, 2011

My Bestest Friend


A few weeks ago I went to a sewing class with my Mom at her church. The Preschool director there taught us how to make a Lucy dress. The class was so much fun as well as the fellowship. I got to spend time with some women outside of our normal work environment and that was a treat. I was really pleased with how well Gracie's dress turned out. I enjoy sewing, but don't make time for it at all. The last thing I made for Gracie was a pillow case dress 3 years (or so) ago. This Lucy is a reversible dress, but Gracie only likes the floral side...oh well. Here's the fun part (for me anyway): I washed the dress the other day and it came out perfect! I was so afraid that the stitching would come loose and just fall apart, but it didn't! I couldn't have been happier! This picture is after Gracie's Christmas program at school. The name of the program was "My Bestest Friend". Gracie still sings the songs often and even requests the cd in the car. Recently Gracie has started listing her friends and then following that with "but Jesus is my BESTEST friend!" Makes this Mama's heart so happy.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a sweet picture of you three. The dress looks super-cute.

Lorelle said...

I want to see a picture of the dress!!