Monday, January 03, 2011

new shoes



For Christmas my in-laws gave me some new running gear: jacket, pants and a gift card for new shoes. I went and got the shoes last week and have run in them twice now. I absolutely LOVE them. I was afraid that I would have a "breaking in" time, but after running over 11 miles in them yesterday my feet feel great! Did you read that right?? Over 11 miles! This is the longest distance I have run and I feel very prepared for the Red Nose 10 mile run on Saturday (and making great strides towards the Mercedes Half Marathon in about 6 weeks). I started running with my good friend Janelle last summer and we have made a lot of progress. Janelle is a great runner and a great encourager as well. I am not a solo runner at all and really enjoy the fellowhip that Janelle and I have together when we run.



This little face kept popping up while I was trying to get a picture of the shoes...so cute!

3 comments:

Dennis and Jennifer Thomas said...

Wish I was there to run with you! Good luck with your race!
I am hanging up my running shoes for the next 6 weeks or so. I have been out of commission for a few months now as well. I am having surgery on my ankle tomorrow! Yuck! Boo to sports injuries! I am looking forward to getting back into running...there is nothing like it!

HB said...

YOU'RE BLOGGING AGAIN! WOOO HOO!!!

Sarah, I'm SO SO SO proud of you. Look at you! Look at your progress! AWESOME! I SO wish I could say the same. Running feels so great and often times, there is nothing like it. GOOD JOB!

Kathy said...

Sarah, I am so amazed!! I can't believe you ran 11 miles!! WOW! You go girl!