Monday, January 17, 2011

choices

I think I mentioned in another post that the dress I made for Gracie is reversible. The only problem is that Gracie only likes one side of the dress. So, I thought that I would let her go with me to the store to pick out some fabric to make sure she liked the next dress I made her. First mistake =) The dress is super cute, but not at all fabric that I would have picked out. The most important part is that Gracie LOVES the dress. Now that it's made I think that she made an excellent choice, but my first thought was not anything close to that. I put the buttons on this morning and Gracie has already asked if she can wear it today and tomorrow! I still need to press the dress, so I'll post pictures of it later, but for now here's a picture of the fabric. I'll also post a better picture of the first dress I made. Oh, the second mistake was making this dress so long after I made the first one and also not really knowing how to read the pattern instructions very well. It took me three times to remember how to sew the side seams the correct way. That may not seem like a big deal, but after sewing and then ripping stitches out two times I was about ready to give up if I didn't get it that next time, thankfully I did. Ok, here's the little preview.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

So glad you didn't give up...you'll get better each time! Can't wait to see the dress complete.