Last summer Gracie got a new roommate. His name is Rainbow. Gracie loves her little fish and tells people about him often. Gracie really wants a dog and last summer we decided that a fish would be a good place to start. I have nothing against dogs, I actually love dogs and look forward to having one...one day. I'm in no rush for a dog though. I know having a dog is a lot of work and I don't see the need in adding any more work to our already full lives...maybe that's why most people have dogs before children. My Mom got two Beta fish not too long ago and Gracie got to help name them also...Rojo and Azul...she was learning colors in Spanish during that time =)
Rainbow is a great first pet for Gracie. He does add a little stress to my life though...most mornings I do walk into her room and do a quick glance to make sure he's still alive...just waiting for him to be belly-up. I'm also the one that cleans his tank. It's not hard and really doesn't take that long, it's just that I don't think about it until late at night when I don't feel like being bothered with a fish or when I'm helping Gracie get ready for school and the last thing I have is extra time to clean the fish. Maybe he'll get a clean tank tomorrow.
In other news...Gracie has her five year check up tomorrow! She's excited to see how tall she is, but a little anxious about the shots she's going to get. We're taking a trip to the dollar tree after for a little treat and she's really excited about that. Maybe I'll post pictures of the big girl next.
2 comments:
Oh my, I can't show Mattie this post! He has been asking for a fish for awhile now. Can't believe Gracie is turning 5! Thankfully once she gets through those shots it's almost 7 years before anymore. Praying it all goes well for you guys!
I had the pleasure of feeding Rainbow once.... Such a brilliant little fish! hee hee. You know, SC, you can teach a dog to run beside you....just a little food for thought! Jason's old dog would run RIGHT beside his right heel (not too close, of course) and he was so well behaved he didn't even have him on a leash. Poor Gus is by NO MEANS that talented, but it can happen.
Post a Comment