Who knew that glass could hide under skin for almost four years??!! Ever since our wreck in NC almost four years ago Jason has had a little bump on the top of his head. A few weeks ago the tip of a piece of glass finally worked its way through the surface. Jason noticed it and picked at it a bit and asked me to look at it. Long story short, I couldn't get the glass out. There was only a tiny point sticking out and I couldn't get a grip on it. Earlier this week when we were at Bill and Suzanne's house, Bill took a look at it. With a little help from tweezers and a needle, he got the glass out! Thanks Bill! The glass looks tiny in Jason's hand, but it was much bigger than the little point sticking out of his head. We think Jason's head is finally glass free! He still has a habit of running his hand through his hair and feeling for the bump that is no longer there (he just did it again as I wrote that). He said he had done it for so long that it feels weird to no longer have the bump on his head. Here are a few pictures of the glass and Jason's healing head. I wanted to post a picture of Jason's head after the wreck, but I think it's a little gross, so I'll just post a picture of him with his bandage on. I've also posted a picture of the car-Jason was driving. For those of you that don't know our wreck story, my Mom was visiting us and she was in the backseat and I was in the front passenger seat (and the wreck wasn't our fault). I think it is a gift from God that we walked away with as few injuries as we did.
Then
The Honda
3 comments:
Wow! You guys are lucky!
What a miracle you guys are safe.
Wow!
Maybe feeling the phantom bump will decrease over time.
Post a Comment