Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crib recall

One day I will update the links area on the blog with blogs that I visit (I frequently visit great money saving/frugal living websites). One blog that I love is http://www.freebies4mom.blogspot.com/. While reading through the last few entries tonight I saw her entry on her crib being recalled. I thought it was the same brand as Gracie's crib and quickly went to her room to check the model number. Sure enough, Gracie's crib is being recalled. Here are the links for the Jardine recall info and press release. http://www.jardinecribrecall.com/ and www.jardinecribrecall.com/press_release.php. There are clear directions and phone numbers on both sites. There is a link to fill out a recall form and then they will mail you a kit and directions on how to get the voucher to BRU for a new crib.

Gracie is 2 1/2 and still in a crib and I love it! She hasn't tried to climb out yet and we didn't want to move her until she did. Part of the deal with getting the voucher is sending back a part of the crib. Here is step two from the directions after you receive your packet: Remove mattress support hardware and identification label using the enclosed instructions and Allen key that is provided. Some of the readers posted comments on the freebies4mom website about what to do with your child while you are waiting for your new crib and one reader wrote in and suggested that the child sleep in a pack and play. Since we are not ready for Gracie to move to a big girl bed yet she'll be sleeping in a pack and play until we get a new crib!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 1/2 seems kind of old for a crib, but then again I'm not a parent yet. With Elizabeth and Claire, mom had them in big girl beds by the time they were two. They had those collapsible rails that you slide between the mattresses that keep them from rolling out of bed and onto the floor.