This past weekend we were a host home for Dawson's D-Now (known as Disciple Now when we were youngsters =)). We had 6 7th grade girls and 2 college students stay Friday and Saturday night at our house. Gracie had a blast with her new friends and loved having company all weekend. Jason and I really enjoyed being a host home and look forward to doing it again next year. It was a new experience being on this side of D-Now. Jason noted that he's been on every side of it now-participant, student leader, organizer/youth minister and now host home. I noted that the only thing left was for us to send Gracie off when she's in 7th grade (sniff, sniff).
Monday evening we played a fun game of "catch the cereal" and Gracie had a grand time. Her new favorite cereal is Kix and she eats it every day, breakfast and/or snack. We were all snacking on it that afternoon and Jason tried to get Gracie to catch a Kix in her mouth from across the room. She understood the game quickly and even tried to throw me pieces as I was taping it all. There is also a video of Gracie doing her "forward roll". She learned this from her cousin, Cindy, after Thanksgiving and is getting very good at it =) Sometimes I think we have too much fun together.
On Tuesday we went to the McWane center with some friends from church. We got a membership for Christmas and this is the first time we've been since then. The group I went with talked about going every week and I'm really looking forward to that. There is so much to do there. Gracie had so much fun playing with the water table in the "Just Mice Size" area and looking at all the fish downstairs in the aquarium section. She got to touch some prickly little ocean creature and also touched a horseshoe crab (I think that's what it was).
Tomorrow Jason and I are driving over to Atlanta for the night to visit with our friends from University Baptist Church. RG, Mitch and Betty are there this week for a conference, so we'll get to hang out with them Friday night and Saturday morning. We're so excited to see them (and so very sad that Carlita won't be there). We hope to get up to NC soon, but don't have definite plans yet.
Monday evening we played a fun game of "catch the cereal" and Gracie had a grand time. Her new favorite cereal is Kix and she eats it every day, breakfast and/or snack. We were all snacking on it that afternoon and Jason tried to get Gracie to catch a Kix in her mouth from across the room. She understood the game quickly and even tried to throw me pieces as I was taping it all. There is also a video of Gracie doing her "forward roll". She learned this from her cousin, Cindy, after Thanksgiving and is getting very good at it =) Sometimes I think we have too much fun together.
On Tuesday we went to the McWane center with some friends from church. We got a membership for Christmas and this is the first time we've been since then. The group I went with talked about going every week and I'm really looking forward to that. There is so much to do there. Gracie had so much fun playing with the water table in the "Just Mice Size" area and looking at all the fish downstairs in the aquarium section. She got to touch some prickly little ocean creature and also touched a horseshoe crab (I think that's what it was).
Tomorrow Jason and I are driving over to Atlanta for the night to visit with our friends from University Baptist Church. RG, Mitch and Betty are there this week for a conference, so we'll get to hang out with them Friday night and Saturday morning. We're so excited to see them (and so very sad that Carlita won't be there). We hope to get up to NC soon, but don't have definite plans yet.
Gracie and the D-Now girls. They made group t-shirts and their group name was Gracie's Angels.
Gracie looking at the big eel.
Gracie and Aiden
Gracie and Logan
Logan being brave!
Gracie pondering Jonah in the belly of a big fish.
Another big fish.
Forward roll!
2 comments:
Seriously, how cute is my sweet girl Gracie? Tell her that JJ loves her!!
WOW-- you were host family for D-Now? How exciting. I have such great memories of the year that I went to Disciple Now with you girls. =)
Post a Comment