Today I tried four new things. I'm not against trying new things, I just usually get in a rut and don't.
I cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and have at least two meals planned for it (I'll probably have it on a sandwich for lunch too). I've now got the juice cooking and will have a stash of chicken broth ready tomorrow. Here's where I got the idea: http://thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/
I made apple chips. They were a little crunchier than I expected (I cooked them too long), but they were delicious! Yes, you read that right...were delicious...I just finished them off :) http://www.delightedmomma.com/2011/09/baked-apple-chips.html
The kids made apple, peanut butter and raisin sandwiches. I'm not sure why we've never made these before, but I think they will quickly become a favorite afternoon snack. This was a great snack they could make themselves and had fun putting together. http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/08/12/real-food-tips-10-ways-to-switch-up-your-kid’s-lunch/
Tonight for dinner I made quinoa. I've been wanting to try this, but just kept forgetting about it. Julie bought some last week at the beach and we didn't cook it, so I brought it home. Delicious! The kids even ate it and that's big for James because he's not big on tying new things.
I've been reading a lot lately over at 100daysofrealfood.com and am inspired to eat more real food in our home. My biggest hurdle will be breakfast food and snacks for the kids. I'm excited to try new recipes and see the kids try new things.
Here's what I plan to make next: http://www.delightedmomma.com/search/label/recipes
And here are a few pictures from our day...






No comments:
Post a Comment