Thursday, June 21, 2012

Baby Steps

 flour, cheese and butter
Who needs goldfish (or bunnies or any other cheese cracker) when you can have stars! I can't get enough of www.100daysofrealfood.com! And the kids love them too. Here's the recipe. I used my food processor for the first time today (got it at least 3 years ago for Christmas) and loved it. I dropped a block of cheese in it and it shredded it for me and then mixed the remaining ingredients together. I did add a splash of milk, but I may have just not waited long enough for the mixture to "ball up".

While Jason was at band practice last night I watched Food, Inc. Here's the trailer. (I'm kind of new to this whole linking thing...is what I'm doing right?...anyone?) I was disturbed, to say the least, about the "quality" of meat and other dairy products that are in our grocery stores (not to mention the facilities where they are being produced). The price of organic, real food is higher, but I'd rather pay for it and cut out something else than continue to consume (and fill my kids) with what's cheaper and not healthy. After watching the documentary I see so much more value in buying local and organic. I'm on a quest for such. I love learning new things...especially when it comes to food.

This is not going to become a food blog (I'm not that good at it and there are plenty of wonderful food blogs out there already)...this is just a big part of my life right now and I want to document what I'm doing. On that note, here's a picture of what I had for lunch =)
grilled tomato, mozzarella, and basil
Making bread is next on my list...

No comments: