Sunday, July 31, 2011

a little accountability

I've run (and walked) in two half marathons. I just registered for my third: Life Without Limits, Florence, AL, Oct, 29. This race benefits UCP and I'm really excited to participate in it.

I've really let my running take a back seat in life and am eager and excited (and a little scared) to get back into it in training mode. The last time I did a long run was...mabe the Nashville Half? I'm not even sure. It's been a while and I'm thankful to have some time for training. I start my training tomorrow morning, so if anyone is up at 6 am, feel free to think about me =) I walked a little in my first 1/2 (Mercede's) but walked a lot in my second (Nashville). I don't want to walk at all in this one. I'm writing this down to motivate myself and to keep myself accountable. I increased my time in Nashville (not what you want to do) and really hope to take time off my Mercede's time. I think I can do it. It will just take a lot of effort and determination. I'm not a fast runner (at all) and want to do a little speed training this time. If anyone is reading this and can give me any advice on speed training I'd love to hear it.

I've got a lot I want to blog about, but it'll have to wait =) Must get some good sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Dennis and Jennifer Thomas said...

I am gearing up to train for one as well. Wish we lived closer, we could run together!