Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kindergarten

meet the teacher morning

After school on Tuesday

First day of school. She couldn't have been more excited.

I knew this day was coming, but it sure did sneak up on me. Gracie started kindergarten just over a week ago. She was so excited and couldn't wait to start. We "met the teacher" on August 11 and then she had her first full day on the 12th. As we were walking down to the car on the morning of the 12th she said "I've been waiting for this for like...(pause for thinking) a year!!" Gracie loves her teacher and loved her from that first time we met her. Mrs. Cannon reminds Gracie of one of her 3K teachers and I think that helped. School has been a big adjustment for her. It's a long day for a 5 year old. She loves school, but is just having a hard time with how long the days are. Friday was our only bad day in carpool, and I'm a little anxious about Monday morning.


Gracie got to pick out a nap mat the week before school started. She was delighted when we got to the store and they had a cowgirl patterned mat. I should mention that along with being a dentist, Gracie really wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up. The day we went to buy the nap mat Gracie actually wore her winter boots saying they were her cowgirl boots. I thought it was perfect that that mat was there. She is enjoying naptime at school. She told me she slept on Thursday and Friday. More to come on Texas boots in another post.


update: Gracie did great in carpool this morning!



3 comments:

The Armstrongs said...

Look at your beautiful new kitchen!! I need to see the new house!

The Armstrongs said...

Oh, and yay for your big kindergartener! (Sorry, I got distracted.) She is so grown up and was such a sweetie to Kai last week. He was sad to leave her at Chick-fil-a.

HB said...

MOM!!! You sent her to meet her teacher in an AUBURN shirt?!?! Clearly, I need to spend some time teaching Gracie to sing "H-O-L-D...HOLD THAT LINE!" Goodness.

So proud of her...and SO proud of you. I'm sure you were drained after that exciting week.