Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Presents a little early

For Christmas this year Gracie's big gift from Mommy and Daddy is a new big girl bed! We bought the bed last week and put it together today. Gracie could not be more excited about it! She left the house today with Gran while we were finishing the bed and came home to an updated big girl room tonight. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't wait until 8:30ish to show her the new bed. She was already a little wired when we got home tonight, but seeing her new room just added to the excitement. It's now 9:55 and she's still awake. The other adjustment in her room is that the glider is no longer in there. This is a pretty big deal to Gracie and I think may be part of the reason she's still awake. She still LOVES to be rocked at bedtime. She doesn't fall asleep, but that's just been part of our bedtime routine her whole life. When we walked in the room tonight she ran to her bed and hugged it and then said "where's my rocking chair?". I told her it was in the guest room (will soon be the nursery) and she then stated that she needed it so she could be rocked so she could go to sleep. We were hoping that reading to her in bed and even laying there with her for a few minutes would make the transition easier, but that's not the case tonight. We'll see how she's doing in a few days =) My Mom gave Gracie her new sheets and comforter for Christmas. Gracie's Christmas sheets are on the bed, so we'll put her new ones on after Christmas. She liked the new bedding so much that she wanted to sleep on the pillow with the sham on it and not her regular pillow. She also didn't want her sheet on, but instead just pushed the sheet down and pulled the comforter up. She's a mess =)

Gracie went bowling this morning for the first time and had a blast. I'll post some pictures after I get them. I forgot my camera, but thankfully both of my friends that we went with had theirs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

She's asleep now =)


3 comments:

The Armstrongs said...

Great pictures and a great update. Merry Christmas! See you next week! (Oh, and let me know if you might be open to feeding our dogs after Christmas. I can't remember when you are traveling at the moment...)

Anonymous said...

Such a big milestone in a child's life!
Merry Christmas Sarah!

Lorelle said...

I just realized you need to change the name of your Blog.. from 3-4. =)