Jason spent the day in Northport with his parents (and other Howell family members) moving furniture and other things out of his Grandparent’s house onto a U-Haul to bring to Birmingham. Gracie and I spent the day at my parent’s house helping my mom sort through things and pack a few things up. I guess this is where I should throw in a quick update…My mom’s house is on the market. She’s planning on moving towards our part of town. We’re praying her place sells quickly. Jason’s Grandmother has moved into a retirement community and her house was not even officially on the market, but by word of mouth, got an interested buyer and her house now has a contract on it. Jason is getting to do the work for her house, so we’re extra thrilled about that. Ok, back to today. We were both pretty tired tonight, especially Jason after a long day of heavy lifting. My friend Kim called and reminded me about the free ice cream at Bruster’s if you showed up in your pj’s (today only) and asked if we wanted to join them. I couldn’t think of a better way to end an exhausting day! So, after Jason finally got home he cleaned up and we all got ready for bed and then headed to Bruster’s for free ice cream. And it wasn’t just a little scoop in a bowl, it was a huge serving in a waffle cone! I was very excited =) We had a great time with Kim, Ian and Claire Ellen. Claire Ellen and Gracie ran in circles for close to 45 minutes, eating only a little ice cream. They should both sleep really well tonight. Jason was the Real American Hero and guarded post close to the edge of the safe running zone! We did get a few silly looks for being in our pj’s, but I think most people were just wishing they had known about the deal. I don’t think there was much publicity around here. We found out about it from a couple of great websites that we frequent: http://www.babycheapskate.blogspot.com/ and http://www.imommies.com/.
Gracie made her magazine debut in the newest Victoria. She has two pictures where she is showing off very cute raincoats and galoshes. A big thanks to a friend from high school who asked for Gracie to be in the photo shoot.
On Thursday we’re heading out to TX for Noah’s first birthday party! I am so excited and even looking forward to our little (well, not so little) road trip! Be sure to check back after next weekend for new pictures!
On a different note…I have another prayer request. One of my mom’s brothers was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer earlier this week. He still has more tests that will be performed next week, so we will know more soon. Please pray for his family and for the doctors that will be working with him.
Well, I guess that’s all for now. Thanks again for your prayers and for keeping up with us.
Gracie made her magazine debut in the newest Victoria. She has two pictures where she is showing off very cute raincoats and galoshes. A big thanks to a friend from high school who asked for Gracie to be in the photo shoot.
On Thursday we’re heading out to TX for Noah’s first birthday party! I am so excited and even looking forward to our little (well, not so little) road trip! Be sure to check back after next weekend for new pictures!
On a different note…I have another prayer request. One of my mom’s brothers was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer earlier this week. He still has more tests that will be performed next week, so we will know more soon. Please pray for his family and for the doctors that will be working with him.
Well, I guess that’s all for now. Thanks again for your prayers and for keeping up with us.
The group at Bruster's.
Jason watching guard. Getting ready for Bruster's (Gracie has my pj's over her own).
Claire Ellen enjoying the free ice cream!
Gracie checking to see if she can get more free ice cream!
No comments:
Post a Comment