



As I sit down to update the blog there are still six 11th grade guys left at our house watching the Auburn-Florida game. We had a fun evening with the group over...I guess they'll leave after the game =)
We've had a busy month and the next month will be about the same. We were in Birmingham for three straight weekends and loved seeing family and friends. Julie was in Birmingham for a long weekend and we got to spend some great time with her. Julie is almost 20 weeks pregnant and looks wonderful. They'll find out the sex of the baby at the end of this week! We can't wait!! We didn't get to see Ryan, but look forward to hanging out with them at Thanksgiving. Marland and Betsy are getting married Nov. 4. I've enjoyed going to parties for Betsy and we are really excited about the wedding. Jason will be giving the homily at the wedding. This weekend is our weekend to be at home. Jason had an event with the youth last night after the football games, "5th Quarter" and got home a little before 1 and the 11th grade class came over for dinner tonight. Over the next few months we'll have over the 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes for dinner or lunch. Next weekend is the Youth Fall Road Trip. We'll be going to Camp Baldwin for the weekend. Jason Black is coming to speak and I'm really excited about that because Holly will get to come with him! We have a free weekend (maybe) the following week and then we'll be back up to Birmingham for the wedding.
Gracie turned nine months this past Wednesday! She had her nine month appointment on Friday and got a great report. She weighs 17 lbs 12 ozs and is 28 inches long! She has one more inch to grow before she'll need a new car seat. We were so surprised that she was under 18 lbs! She's got the cutest little belly and I was sure she was close to 20! She got a flu shot and Jason and I got the flu mist. The nurse did a great job of squirting the second spray on my face...it was kind of humorous. Gracie only cried for a few minutes after her shot and thankfully that was the only shot she got this time. Gracie also got her first haircut! I cut her hair almost two weeks ago. The picture with Julie and the pumpkin are pre-haircut. I trimmed off the original long pieces. It's already growing back in nicely, but I sure do miss that little curl behind her ear. Gracie is finally crawling forward and is all over the place! She's pulling up on everything and looks like she is ready to take a step by herself any day.
Well, I guess that's about all of our news. I'll get Jason to add to it if I've forgotten something. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with us!
Sarah
2 comments:
Hi guys!! It sounds like yall have been having fun... I wish i had 6 11th grade guys at my house...jk ... biology class is great...well actually i am not taking biology this year... but yeah gracie is soooo cute... did you keep the hair that they cut off when she got her hair cut? my mom still has mine from my first hair cut... but then again i didnt have hair to cut until i was almost 1 and a half... wow only 18 pounds... she weighs less than my dog who is like 30 pounds now.. when we got her 8 months ago she was only 25 pounds... sorry about having a long coment... i was the only one who commented on last months entry...
missing you much: Caroline
Gracie I get to see you tomorrow and I'm SO excited!! You have gotten so big!! Love you lots! See ya soon!!
Post a Comment