For the past few days Gracie has been using us as her personal jungle gym, but not getting very far. This morning she was grabbing at my arms and lunging a little so I put my arms out and she immediately grabbed my hands and pulled herself up to a standing position. She was a little wobbly, but standing! After she did it the first time that's all she wanted to do. All day she was pulling at my arms and shirt trying to stand up. After she gets up she looks at you and smiles really big as if to say "what's next?".
As if that wasn't enough for one day, Gracie decided to try a new sleeping position tonight. Gracie rolled over in her crib tonight for the first time!!! I went in to check on her and she was on her tummy!!!! I ran and got Jason and as we stood over her crib she moved and we both hit the floor =). She quickly settled and we left her to dream happy dreams! I put her on her tummy for a nap earlier this week because she was having a hard time napping and I thought that might help, but that was the first time she'd been on her tummy in her crib. We're going to lower the mattress this weekend, especially now that she's started pulling up! I'm such a nervous wreck!!!Gracie is doing great. She's seven months old. She's eating great and sleeping great at night. She slept until 6:45 this morning (that's not the norm...yet). She is "talking" all the time and loves to laugh. She has been such a trooper this week with all of the youth and college functions with Jason. Tonight was our third night out in a row. University of Mobile had a progressive dinner and Spring Hill had soup and salad. We had a great time. Jason has one more college event tomorrow at University of South Alabama and hopefully he will be able to rest after that before everything starts over again on Sunday. Jason is still recovering from a bad case of poison ivy that he got almost two weeks ago (the yard looks great though!) and we're hoping that will clear up soon. We are still enjoying Mobile and hope to get to the beach again soon. That's about all for the Cook household, especially since I need to go check on Gracie again =)
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment